Friday, April 08, 2011

A visit to Wat Rong Kung

A friend of mine is visiting Thailand from Australia.  She asked me what my favorite place in Chiang Rai was.  The answer my friend is, Wat Rong Kung (The White Temple).  We went there  on Wednesday afternoon.  It was cloudy with a bit of rain. It was a perfect for photography.


Having the opportunity to visit a place like Wat Rong Kung on more than one occasion has it’s advantages.   You know the whole complex is a work in progress; it’s  really fun to see what’s been added since the last visit.  The art gallery is now open.  No photography is allowed inside.  You’ll just have to come and have a look for yourself.  An excellent collection Ajarn Chalermchai’s work is on display.  You’ll just have to come and have a look for yourself!
The gift shop has reproductions of several works for sale.  I’ve already put Maliwan on notice.  I intend to have one of them framed and hung in our home and not in the too distant future.
This last trip resulted in a few interesting photographs.  I posted the day’s work at:  http://s935.photobucket.com/albums/ad200/jnelson1944/WhiteTemple_0411/  Without further comment here are a few of my favorites 




Abundant Blessings, 

No comments:

Post a Comment