Sunday, August 14, 2011

Summer Vacation 2011


On the 28th of July I left Bangkok at 5:00 p.m.  3 ½ hours to Taipe, 13 hours to San Franciso, 1 ½ hours to San Diego and a one hour van ride to Fallbrook and I was there by midnight!  That’s one really long day.  Coming back was almost as weird, we sort of just skipped Wednesday having checked in the night Tuesday night and arriving in Bangkok on Thursday morning.

The trip was too short, but I'm glad that I was able to go.  The photographs from my vacation to the States have been culled to 100 and uploaded to Photobucket.  You can see them at:  http://s935.photobucket.com/albums/ad200/jnelson1944/State_Side_2011/  A hundred of my favorites might be boring to you, so I’ll include a select few in this article.
Darth Vader poses with us at Lego Land
The California segment was very enjoyable.  I hooked up with my son, daughter-in-law and grandson.  We went to an extended family gathering, a Padres game, Balboa Park and spent two days at Lego Land.  Frankly I knew I’d get a kick out of watching Andy enjoy Lego Land.  To my pleasant surprise I enjoyed the park on it’s own merit.  Warning!  Do not eat at the Pizza place; looks edible but it really isn’t.  Other food locations seemed to be O.K.  If you happen to be in Falbrook try Truplano's Italian Bistro.  The food is excellent and the price is reasonable See:  www.trupianosbistro.com
Petco Park, is one of my favorite places.  This year the team is busy making
all the other teams look good.  Tis life! 
Cotton Candy meets 5 year old!  Gotta love it! 

The Capital Building in Lego's with Tony, Shawnees and Andy in back
Sadly the family gathering was a lost opportunity for a really big family group photo.  People were just having too much fun with the bouncing area and Wi bowling to be collected for even a few minutes.  It was certainly good to see everyone.  Tony and Sue do such a great job of hosting these gatherings.   
I did get to spend a bit of time with my nephew Jim after Tony, Shawnee and Andy returned to El Paso.
Finally an elephant that I don't mind seeing in captivity!
 A Lego Elephant, who would have thought! 
On Saturday I flew out to Denver and spent 3 days with my niece Kate and her family.  As always the hospitality is marvelous.  The kids are growing at an amazing rate.
My hat looks better on Mattie than on me

Brighton, Mattie, Evelyn, Kate, Preston & Quinton
Rocky Mountain National Park, one of my favorite photo locations

What a location! 

Family Time, So Important! 

As soon as I arrived back in Thailand I headed for Nan Rong to be with Maliwan and her family for Thai mothers day.  
Gun is Maliwan's Son, Maliwan and her parents
Thai mother's day 2011
 Last night we caught a truck to Korat and took an overnight bus home to Chiang Rai. I'm grateful to be home.  More articles to come soon!

Abundant Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment