Tuesday, September 13, 2011

We are Moving!

This is about delightful people, opportunity and perhaps fate.

For the past two years, well 23 1/2 months I have lived in Chiang Rai and loved every minute of it.  Opportunities and the winds of change dictate that it's time to move on to Chiang Mai.   Let's face it, over the last year, I've spent more and more time in Chiang Mai and less and less at home in Chiang Rai.  After we finished out meditations at Chom Tong it was clear to both Maliwan and I that it was time to move.

Standing in the Door of our new home, the lease is signed!
When I mentioned the decision to Lek she smiled, drew a map to an area where there were houses for rent. I wanted a house with a kitchen, not a condo, and not a room.  I also wanted to live inside the moat, inside the old city of Chiang Mai.  And I wanted to do this with not much budget.   The house we went to see is inside the moat and the rent is reasonable.  Setting this arrangement was a God Shot.  It was too easy to be anything else.
Maliwan watches Knun Nui lock the gate, we'll be back in a few days! 
As soon as we signed the lease, I went to tell Khun Nam at the Patchkit house.  She is happy for us and was perfectly happy to let us out of our lease a month early.   Need a room in Chiang Mai, please check out http://www.pachkit.com/ Great service, great prices and absolutely lovely people.  There new restaurant is really quite good.  Personally I think they do a better job with the Thai food than the Western, but I also recognize that the longer I'm hear the more I enjoy the local cuisine.

Today I went to break the news to Khun Choke and Khun Kan. They are always gracious and supportive, the lease says 30 days notice, they are not worried about such details between friends. We shall miss them terribly. The house we are now living in will be available for rent soon after the 1st of October. The house is in the small compound at 88 Ratchayotha Rd (almost across from the Shell Station) Khun Kan and her husband Khun Choke have been wonderful friends to me and to Maliwan.  I'm delighted to recommend to to anyone who will treat this home with love and respect.
Khun Kan and Khun Choke
I should also tell you that Khun Choke and Khun Kan have built a brand new apartment building which will be ready for occupancy by the 1st of October.  The apartments are spacious and the prices are very reasonable between 5,000 and 6,000 per month.  There are still a few units left, but at this price and location I wouldn't wait long.  They are cati-corner from the Chiang Rai Condohotel. You can contact them directly at kanwilai@hotmail.com or by phone at 089-998-9248.
The new apartment building, ready by 1 October! 
We have made friends in Chiang Rai who we will certainly want to visit and we will certainly hope they come to visit us in Chiang Mai.   This move is about opportunity and serves as proof positive that all things are impermanent, the way nature intended.
Khun Maroot Nui, Friend, neighbor and nephew of Khun Choke

Good friends, neighbors, Jose and Monique 
We are so very blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment