Saturday, August 14, 2010

Chiang Mai Photos

I’ve been spending a lot of time getting the new blog ready. It was launched today! I do hope you enjoy www.asianelephantstories.blogspot.com Going forward this blog will be about everything interesting except that most of the elephant related articles will go to the new blog. Please do me a huge favor and click the FOLLOW button on this and / or the elephant stories blogs. I’d really love to know you are there.


I picked up a Nikon D300 camera a couple of weeks ago. I like it; it’s almost got me trained. Except for the long lens I asked someone to get me for my birthday, I’m set for cameras for a while. My very old Fujifilm S2 Pro finally bit the dust. I’ll take it to Fujifilm next time I’m in Bangkok, but I think the sensor is gone and the repair will be cost prohibitive. I’ll miss it; a great portrait camera with marvelous skin tones and always accurate with the light.

One of the things I like about the new camera is it’s higher ISO capability. Maybe it’s a better camera for night work. Oh look!


By the way, it's a sign of stress when they thump their trunks on the ground.  Not good.

I went to the Sunday market in Chiang Mai a week ago. I cut through Wat Pra Sing and the light was just about perfect. Here’s what I saw.


When I got to the walking street there were patterns galore.  The images will also give you a hint of what can be found on a Sunday evening in Chiang Mai.

Lanterns
More Lanterns
Bracelets


Thursday was the Queen’s birthday. The Thai celebrate this holiday as Mother’s day. Yes the King’s birthday is celebrated as Father’s day. Both turn out to be two day holidays. It speaks to their respect of the Royal Family.
Stage at Tae Pae Gate set to celebrate the Queen's birthday

Sometimes, just for the heck of it I shoot out of the back of a song tau or tuk tuk.  This time I got lucky.

The wall near Tae Pae Gate
Love her smile!

Abundant Blessings!

Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment