Thursday, January 13, 2011

Gratitude! and a Small Announcement


I really have to say something about gratitude.  I bought a t-shirt at a spiritual growth event some time ago that simply says “Gratitude Rocks”!  Things in my life are going exceptionally well.  The more time I spend in prayer and meditation the smoother my life seems to go.  Oh!  Isn’t that what my teachers have been telling me all along?  Yes gentle reader, it is.
At a Chiang Rai eatery I frequent
The Dek Dek school is just amazing.  Each week I find my self more in love with all 25 of them (the number is quite fluid but the average seems to hold).  I spend two mornings a weeks playing with them and trying to get them to speak some English.  I have to admit the playing seems to be going better than the speaking.


What a place to spend a little time!


My attempts to learn Thai are interesting and on most days almost productive.  Always, at the end of the day they are amusing.  These lessons are great for my humility and at the same time allow my brain some exercise.  It’s just fun!
The ‘big’ news is that I am starting a self directed project, collecting information about the various elephant camps, tourist opportunities and conservation efforts in Northern Thailand.

I Love Elephants
Photo's are a bit lacking at the moment.  It's about being between versions of Photoshop.  A technical challenge that will resolve soon.  All in all, I’m very grateful for my life, just as it is! 

Abundant Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jerry! I'm so very happy (and grateful) for you!! Those kids will grow up and you'll always be this 'great guy who used to come to our school and play with us.' And congrats on your new path to save the elephants!

    ReplyDelete