Monday, January 24, 2011

A New Project

I’m starting a new project.  Much of the detail is still fuzzy but the idea is to gather as much information as possible about the various opportunities for tourists in Northern Thailand to enjoy their stay.   Given my love for elephants I’m starting with places and activities that have to do with the elephant.  However, I will not restrict myself to any particular type of activity.  After a period I hope to publish a consolidated report; maybe even sell it to a guide book or other tourist information entity. 

Here, gentle reader, is where I could use your help.   What categories would you want to see, especially if you were visiting for the first or second time?   Some of the questions I would ask include:
a.       Is it a good value?  (What does it cost and is it worth it)?
b.      Is the activity / venue reputable?
c.       Is the activity / venue helpful to the tourist
d.      In cases where animals are involved, how well are they treated?

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.    Oh, I intend to split this into three writings.  I’ll write to this blog after each venture.  Here I’ll attempt to report the facts as I see them, reserving most of the judgment for the final report.   You, of course, may judge away, in fact feedback might be useful along the way.   I’ll also post to www.asianelephantstories when the information gathered has to do with elephants.  Finally I will write a consolidated report which I’ll hopefully be able to provide to one or more commercial publishers.


No comments:

Post a Comment